Monday, October 02, 2006

Calling all Californians.




Was anyone else disappointed in the last Office episode? I can't believe I just said that.

It has been too long, and this will be nothing more than interspersed thoughts of varying natures.

How to deal with linoleum: SCORE and SOAK. I am telling you from hard experience--cut as many lines and patterns you can with your trusty utility blade, then let the stuff soak for a day. It will save you hours of pure frustration.

What to do when given the gift of a Plantar Wart: TREAT IMMEDIATELY. Don't think "oh, this little white nothing on the ball of my foot is probably a callus from a hard-day's work on the ol' foot." Then, 3 weeks later you can't even walk because of the pain, and then two months and 4 professional foot-freezings later, you're STILL not over it. I never knew it could be so painful.

The Mrs and I went up to New York (Saratoga) last weekend to shoot the wedding of my dear friends Mike and Alycia Strobert (Mike is the mastery behind my website--I guess I sold him on my work). It was beautiful in the deceitful way that only Upstate New York can be: Catch the Northeast on a good day and you'll wonder why anyone ever moved West. Then the next day comes and you'll do anything to get out of that place. This is my experience after almost 4 years of being in that place. Friday was celestial and Saturday was sufferable. But the ceremony shed enough light to more than compensate for a shy sun. It was wonderful. Hooray for love, as I like to say.

Coincidentally, the aforementioned couple came to AZ for part of their honeymoon (a great choice, says I). We got to take them to Fuddruckers---Lyndsay can't wait to go back. I think that's the baby talking.

The attached image comes from a publication that has just hit the shelves here in AZ, and it is one that I am very pleased with. Traveling all over this amazing state requires only the slightest excuse for me. I am glad I was paid, but would have done it for free.

Our house is seriously progressing. A house-warming party is not far off. You're all invited, I don't care where you live. In fact, the farther you come from, the more of my personal time you'll get--if that is of any value at all. I don't know...

wesman.

No comments: