Can't say I ever understood what that was. First of all, what does a post have to do with a baby and secondly, why would there be any need to pardon the post? What did the post do—or not do? Personally, I have no qualms with any post that I know of.
Or maybe it's 'post' like the mail—like British mail. Are we as Americans still harbouring so much resentment for all those taxes from King George, without any representation (all of which we probably learned about through some CORRESPONDENCE???)
Correspondence = Mail = Post = Britain = Deep Resentment = Need for Pardoning the U.S. Mail for the meer mental association to British Post because of the very nature of mail and delivery. Finally, I understand.
As for Post-Partum, I don't know if that actually exists either. I think what it really is, is "CAN I JUST GET A LITTLE SLEEP HERE PLEASE, YOU ENDLESS BELLY OF SCREAMS WHICH I CALL MY CHILD?!?!?!?!?!" I think it's just people reacting in different ways to sleep deprivation. It's not that they don't want their child—or that they're undergoing some chemical imbalance which results in a form of depression—but rather that they're SO BLOODY exhausted both physically and mentally that they just give up, and like any normal person, experience a various number of sadistic and psychotic thoughts.
Kidding.
This right here is my own personal attempt to cope with it. Finn has been screaming—screaming like he's penis to penis with the Grim Reaper himself—for the last 3 hours. It is 3:33 in the morning. I am bordering on incoherence. I am playing a little strategy with him now: letting him just have it out and seeing if he won't beat himself at his own game.
He just fell asleep.
PS-not bothering to spell check this one.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Imagine how you feel right now, with your exhaustion, mixed with real chemical craziness. That is what they quaintly refer to as the "baby blues." I refer to it as the reason that I understand how people end up shaking their babies.
Seriously, if I had the certifiable craziness of depression mixed with how tired I can get with a screaming baby, I would be in a bad way. Lucky for you and I, Eve ate the apple so we will never endure that. We just have to leave the screaming baby and crazy wife to work all day for the rest of our lives. Fair trade?
Congratulations Wes! Those are some beautiful pictures and a beautiful baby! I so remember those first wonderful/terrible days of a newborn. The very best thing anyone told me (and it was your wonderful sister-in-law Kimmy) is "Don't worry, it gets so much better!" I will always remember that and it still brings tears when I think of it but she was absolutely right. Say hello to Lynds for me and make sure you let her rest!
Oh the joys and woes of parenting! Our man cub is just shy of his first birthday and I still get teary when I hear new parents talk about their lack of sleep. Here's some wisdom that saved me: Dont keep track of how much sleep you've had (or how much you've lost). Knowing that you only got 2 hours and 42 minutes will make you more tired than just knowing that you didn't get much.
He's a DARLING mix of both of you. Congrats!
-Stoddards
Post a Comment