Entropy Prevails.
Jerry Seinfeld said: if the human body was a car, we'd never buy it. Too Much Upkeep.
I am amazed over how much of my life I spend battling Entropy: washing armpits; brushing teeth; trimming toenails; fighting fat cells; popping pimples; excavating ear wax; blowing nostrils; shaving, trimming, cutting, plucking, styling, and otherwise manipulating the many hairs on my person; retaining muscles; dispelling (if never fully eliminating) odors.
And that's just the body. I tell you, it's us against the Second Law of Thermodynamics—and we're losing.
Sometimes, at the end of a day, I feel a sense of accomplishment for having kept all my appendages attached. No Joke. I am honestly in awe that I still have 10 fingers (knock on wood).
Finances. Morality. Tires. They all deflate. They all decrease without our constant and continual efforts to stop them—and exceptional efforts to reverse them. The Escalator of Entropy is ever on the move: down, down she goes—and slow steps barely break even against her pull.
With all of Nature working against us, it's a wonder that we manage to even keep our heads above. Some tread. Others sink. And somehow, some learn to walk on water.
A%#holes Among Us.
This is a warning. They're everywhere. They are giving in—giving up. The Second Law has conquered, and they just don't care anymore—at least, not about things they don't care about.
They're the ones tossing their butts everywhere but a trashcan; they're the ones sending you endless emails about your erections; they're the ones scamming our seniors out of a lifetime of savings; they're the ones ravaging our landscape to turn a quick billion; they're the ones parking crookedly in the lots, then leaving their used floormats in shopping carts for Wal-Mart employees to deal with; they're the ones funding wars which fund them more; they're the ones who, in a hundred years, are obliterating species that have been here for millions; they're the ones who ride a little authority to utter absurdity.
These are the Myopics of our time, and they are everywhere. So help me God, I am doing everything in my life not to be one myself.
wes.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You forgot... "They are the ones pissing all over the toilet seats in public restrooms."
Post a Comment