Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Swell Season.

(Lone Pine, Grand Canyon, 2008)

A fortunate connection got Lynds and Me into the Swell Season show (the Academy Award winning duo from the film Once). The show was wonderful, excepting the tedious opening act, who didn't know how to quit when he was ahead—and he was ahead before he took the stage.

I thought you'd like to hear the closing song, which moved me, (and you should crank it) by clicking HERE.

There's a website called playedlastnight.com where you can download the very performance you saw. I think it's a brilliant concept, and the quality is great. If you're an Iron and Wine fan, you're gonna go crazy at that site.

I've been in mourning for my missing wife and son, who are enjoying Californian Colds. I've watched loads of films, played VERY loudly—because I can—and have been busy shooting for AZ Highways, Desert Living and an Ad Campaign for Vendage Wine.

Films seen in the last 4 days: The Graduate, Invisible Children, Priceless (aka Hors de Pris), Cloverfield, Fight Club.

How's that for range?

"I am Jack's Medulla Oblongata."

wesman.


1 comment:

abagley said...

Wes I wished we would have know that you we were at the show. The Orpheum is such and amazing venue. Check out the Star Star/Pure imagination version on The Frames Set List album, it's my favorite.