I have always said that there's nothing better than a great documentary. I think I just watched the best doc I've ever seen, for the simple reason that it's the most incredible story that never should have happened—and somehow did.
What possesses a young Frenchman to suddenly pursue as his life's goal the most daring artistic crime of the 20th Century: To stretch and walk on a high wire that extends from the tallest building in the world to the other tallest building in the world?

This is the adventure—the unbelievable, awe-inspiring journey of Philippe Petit. It spans his story from the moment he saw the Twin Towers in a sketch—before they were even constructed—and how instantly, he knew that it was his destiny to span them, join them with his wire and walk among the clouds.
I don't even want to say more. This is a film that is so beautifully done; a story that is so wonderfully devilish; an experience that is uplifting in the most literal and intangible way.
I am officially inspired. These are moments for resolution, where my own destiny presents itself and I am forced to ask myself:
"Will I walk the wire, or will I stand and watch?"
My shoes are already off.
wes.

1 comment:
Hey Wes! If you want to watch it again, lets do a movie night. Do you own it?
Post a Comment