Wednesday, February 28, 2007

vanity.

Wasn't it the Psalmist who wrote "all is Vanity..."

Many roll with their egocentric messages to the world, inscribed on their Vanity Plates:

EZ4U2NV
CME4LUV
GR8BUNS (for a Baker, of course)
FASTRNU
ICULOOK

and so on. Many others can be very, very clever.For a great vanity plate site, by the way, go to:

http://www-chaos.umd.edu/misc/plates.html

For my part, I never thought I'd do it. That is, until I realized that I could break the boundaries of 'vanity' and send a subliminal message to the world:



No surprise: it's Danish. But embodied in this single word is the entire Danish lifestyle and philosophy. It's a word that everyone on the planet would benefit from incorporating in their lives. Unfortunately, there's no real translation for it.

Sorry if that was a let-down. But let me just say to every one: you need to hygge.

It's kinda like a night at your house with all the people who mean most to you; there's good food, good drink and a feeling of total relaxation. It's that, but it's that feeling all the time, no matter where you are or what you're doing. I'll define it as "Contented Euphoria."

So c'mon, world: Hyg Jer. That's my subliminal message. I'll keep you posted on any countenance changes I see...

On another note, Finn and I had matching Doos, so we did a small photo session:






wesman.

No comments: