Monday, April 30, 2007

Quotable Quotas.

So there's a really good reason why the website overheardinnewyork.com exists. The forced-proximity of so many thousands of people is the perfect environment for eavesdropping. But it's not even eavesdropping. It's the simple fact that you have ears--and you hear all kinds of stuff, whether you want to or not.

So I have 3 quotes for you.

ONE:

Location: Times Square, Crosswalk. Scenario: Hispanic woman crosses in front of a Taxi. The Taxi blares its horn at her.
She yells: "HEY, ES STILL BLEENKEEN! I CAN WALK WHILE ES STILL BLEENKEEN!" (referring to the red hand, of course).

TWO:

I am sitting a diner. A waitress is in the kitchen YELLING at at her boss. My waitress says to me "You know, in other places, the boss yells at the workers. Here, they yell at the boss."

THREE (and my favorite yet):

I am walking down 34th St, and pass by a couple. The man is about 15 feet ahead of the woman. She is yelling at him. He starts to walk back towards her and she yells:

"NO! STOP RIGHT THERE. NOW WE'RE THE PERFECT COUPLE!" (pointing out the distance between them). "PERFECT COUPLE, RIGHT HERE."

classic.

wes.

No comments: