9:30pm — Robby McKinnon calls. Saw the moonrise, thought of me (schucks). Describes it coming over the Superstitions. Sounds gorgeous.
9:33pm — I decide to "hop" outside and get a shot of it.
10:04pm — Having driven for 30 minutes past all the houses, city lights and other random things that blocked a clean composition ("just a bit further... just a bit further"), I exit my car at the first place that the silhouetted mountains actually look good for a shot. I've driven so far towards the base of the mountains that the moon hasn't even risen over where I'm looking.
10:07pm — Exposures made to the sounds of drunk A-Jers and wild Coyotes howling at the above-moon. I get a little freaked out, but then realize it's myself freaking me out. I think about cloverfield and how I would use my tripod as a weapon.
11:07pm — Final product, just under 2 hours:

Nothing fancy. Kinda fun. Very moody. The Moon had a groovy Halo and was mostly shrowded.
You see, it's never good enough.
wes.

2 comments:
thanks for your dedication! i for one am supremely impressed. it's beautiful.
Wow, I really didn't think it would be that involved. I thought you might be able to see it ok from your house or something. But you have always been a "Do-er". Like for example: circa 1990, "What should we 'Do' today Wes?" "We're going to the canal to catch fish with our hands, but only so we can put water proof fireworks in their mouths and let them swim away." Good times. -Rob
Post a Comment