Saturday, July 26, 2008

Horizon to Horizon.

You know it's a long flight when you watch the sun set—and then watch it rise—on the same flight. Such was the flight from Rome to Bangkok.

Bellagio. One of the many Gelaterias I visited:

Mmm...Gelato.


Bangkok, this is the craziest ride I've ever taken:


Stepping off after we toured the Night Market until Midnight:


Back to Milano. I love this car:


Back to Bellagio:


And Bellagio. These river stone streets are both aesthetic and therapeutic:


Now there's been some rumors around (Josh) that I am not working, but only playing. First of all: is it my fault if my work is my play and my play my work? Do what you love, says I, and you'll love what you do.

I am not writing in these passages the days of work, or the details of our hellacious days of travel, which have been ordeals beyond description at every ticket counter, check-in, security, gate and flight. Getting around the world with hundreds of pounds of photographic gear is akin to a jail-sentence. Flying from Rome, we paid more to ship our bags than we would have to fly First-Class for all of us—and that was after 4 hours of arguing with an Italian man over the cost (he wanted to charge 1,000 USD and we got it down to 600). Fortunately they lost the luggage and refunded the fee. Hoorah.

There have been some serious physical tests: 36 hours of perpetual travel, by ferry to car, car to train, train to airport, airport to airport—and all of this in the most stressful, rushed state imaginable—and all of it on NO sleep.

 Yet it all makes for solid stories.

We shoot for 2 days in Singapore, which we leave for tomorrow, then it's home again home again, yippady yay.

wes.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Wes, what an amazing opportunity! I wish I were you right now! Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

luke0x said...

auto rickshaws are the best! looks like an amazing time.