Thursday, August 21, 2008

a dark knight.


This week, I saw The Dark Knight for the 3rd time. Each has been different, and each better in its own way: First was Opening Night in Texas with my man Red Sanders. Opening night has its own charm, and I try to see every blockbuster (that I care to see) on opening night, because the crowd adds so much to the experience.

The Second round was here in AZ at the Ciné Capri with Lyndsay. The Ciné Capri is the greatest screen on the planet, and just the venue for such an epic film. It was frikin' awesome, dude.

This week I took my bro Eddie as part of a B-day present. This time we saw it IMAX style. What was special about the Imax experience is that the footage toggles between 35mm and 70mm formats. And I can promise you, the 70mm Imax film is the most beautiful image I have ever seen in my life. Holy Snap, the clarity, the detail, the endless visual feast.

Even after 3 times of seeing that film, I never once tired of it—tvært imod—I enjoyed it more with each viewing. This is due almost solely to the performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker.


I will put it this way:

I have never, ever enjoyed a performance more. Having seen hundreds and hundreds of films, I think that is saying quite enough. Absolute brilliance.

So if you haven't seen TDK yet (it's now the 2nd highest grossing film of all time), then I would seriously, sincerely, recommend you get out and do.

And if you have an Imax near you, don't pass it by.

wes.

No comments: