Thursday, August 28, 2008

cracking together; Sonoran Sun.

Having just had a successful shoot at Fort McDowell Casino, my spirits were up—now mostly because I was OUT of the Metro and back in the land of my Saguaro Kin.

So, despite the triple-digits and humidity (LOVE me some Monsoons), I decided I wanted to make a personal image—and I did have something in mind: A Lit Landscape Image.

This isn't a simple thing, having done it before, to take my 7b out in the Desert and actually light something: to act upon, instead of being subject to the weather's whims.

Initially, I imagined axe-lighting a living Saguaro and letting everything else go dark. But when I needed to wiz and pulled off the road to do, the photograph presented itself to me: A gorgeous skeleton, surrounded by cumulus clouds, with Four Peaks on the horizon. Perfect.

So I lugged by 7b, my Magnum Tube and a Head over to it and went to work. By the time I finished, I was cracking and my feet were melting—and I couldn't stop smiling.

Here's the product. I hope you enjoy it.


I cannot WAIT for winter. I will be all over this country like a Rattle Snake out of the earth.

wes.

3 comments:

kristine said...

That is a beautiful sky. Good thing you needed to stop.

Asha de L'arbres said...

Marvelously dark! Makes my imagination soar!

Lee said...

Wes, you capture Arizona so well! I have to steal some of your beautiful pictures and blog about my beloved Arizona. Thanks so much for these pictures. :)