Tuesday, December 16, 2008

slings and slumdogs.

BEFORE my world was flipped on its brain by the horror of last week, I was in the City of Angels serving as Unit Stills Photographer on the set of a film called "Slings and Arrows."

It was an insane amount of work, and a great time had by all. Here's a shot I was particularly pleased with. We see the First AC pulling focus to record the slate.


(Ironically, most of the film was shot in hospitals, so I went from photographing fictional pain to experiencing pain that was all-too-real.)

But that's all I can comment on the film for now.

But I absolutely CAN comment on a film I saw when I was in LA. I am only sorry it's taken me so many weeks to finally share it with you all.

It is rocking the underground and taking the indy world by storm. And rightly so: It's arguably the best film in years.

It is "Slumdog Millionaire"


I am not a critic, but I am passionate. I recommend this film to any and all of you. If there's anyone who determines whether they'll see a film based on its rating alone, then my heart hurts for you—you will continue to live deprived lives.

For those who have a little faith, see this film and have your world transformed. It's exactly the film that I am aspiring to make on many levels.

It's playing at an aesthetic theater near you. See it while you can in that context. I saw it at the Arclight, and it was phenomenal.

More words from me at this point would be superfluous.

wes.

1 comment:

Babeich said...

I need to see Slumdogs, and you are not alone in loving it - it has received a LOT of critical acclaim, and I have not spoken with anyone that saw it and did not love it.